Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member here for a while, but finally getting around to introducing myself and my project. Just completed, she's a ground-up "restification" on an early production '67 Convertible. Original RR paint code with black deluxe interior, custom mix pearl red, Haartz cloth top, full Hotchkis suspension, crate 350/turbo 350, 18" one-off Rushforth wheels, etc. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
If thats a project then mine is a basket case! That is sa weet!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind comments. I agree with the comment about the spoiler. Mine truly stands out because of this. Also, everyone who sees it is amazed by the paint. I drove my wife and family crazy (not to mention my painter) for at least 4 months testing paint samples, trying to get the color I had in my head to come out in paint! I think we achieved the goal.

It's been a 4 year project, so really glad to be able to finally show it off. Here are a couple more photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think I have looked at this thread a dozen times a day since it was posted! Love that color! Did the painter custom mix himself or is there a formula that he used? I have a 68 convert. that I think I want red...I like that red!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliment. Glad you like it. The color is a custom mix that I created. Took me about 4 months of obsession, driving my wife and family crazy. But I just couldn't find the color that was in my head. This mix hit me in the middle of the night and when my painter sprayed it out, we both knew we hit jackpot!

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is a totally awesome ride, very distinctive, especially that red. I think that is the best red I've ever seen on a car. Not all colors work on all cars but that red just "fits" and looks right. Congratulations! With the full hotchkis suspension in a convertible, is it a chore to drive or an absolute pleasure? Just curious since I have a '67 vert myself and a shelf full of hotchkis parts to install.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In shade or low light, it's very similar to Bolero but without the brownish cast. However in bright light, it explodes. Sitting beside a Torch Red Corvette, it makes the Corvette look orange. By the way, love your 67 as well. Beautiful car!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts