Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to go back and find the orginal owner of my 69 Z-28 and all the owners in between. I know you can find the orginal owner if the car is from Canada and for cars in the US I think if your car is 1981 and newer you can, what about 1969?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Good luck, most DMV records only go back 10 years and because of privacy laws they don't just give that info freely.

------------------
67 RS/SS 350 2004R (owned since 81)
97 V6 5-speed Coupe (work car ordered new)
My Camaro

·
Registered
22 Posts
DG, In Virginia it's as simple as a request for information form. They will go back as many owners as you want but it is $5 per ownner, that can get expensive on some 30 year old cars. Most the time I use it I'm just persuing a title and only want the last owner. Pick up the Phone and call Texas DMV they should be able to give you the low down. Good luck, Danny

------------------
I didn't build it, I didn't break it so lighten up, I'm just trying to fix it

·
Registered
152 Posts
Being from Canada when a used car is sold the buyer or seller needs to purchase something called a "Used Car Package". This package cost $20 and includes a list of all previous owners (Canadian owners only). When I purchased one for my 68 3 years ago the list of previous owners (8) went back to 1972. I tracked down that person and they turned out to be the second owner. To obtain this package you need to contact a Licence Office with your VIN and $20. Another great source is GM Canada who can track options that came with the vehicle as well as build date and the Dealership that actually sold the car. This package cost about $55 but worth every penny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts