Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to find the original owner of my 1969 Camaro RS Coupe. Albert Cementina lived in San Jose, CA on Chula Vista when he purchased the car from Bob Coyle Chevrolet in San Jose on 5/9/69.

I know the chances are slim to none for finding this guy, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway.

Anyone in the Bay Area know the name?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
It looks like he is 78 years old, married to Lelay May (age 79) and still lives in the San Jose area. Call 411.

1. CEMENTINA, ALBERT G (Age 78)
Associated names:
CEMENTINA, LELAMAY (Age 79)

2. CEMENTINA, ALBERTO G, LEMOORE, CA
Possible Relatives:
CEMENTINA, SOCORRO G (Age 54)
ALTAMIRANO, SHIRLEY C (Age 28)
CEMENTINA, ERNESTO GARCIA (Age 29)
CEMENTINA, JOHNNY GARCIA (Age 29)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
One last email--

It actually looks like Al Sr passed away the Summer of 2003. That said, he had four children including a son (Albert G. Jr) who is now 48 years old and apparently still lives in San Jose. Here is the write up on Sr's passing:

Albert Grinnel Cementina, 1951 Graduate of San Jose State University, majored in Physical Education, at age 74, on Jan. 16, in Los Altos.

An Oakland native, Cementina coached football at both Lick and Independence high schools. Playing for the Spartans, he set a record for punt returns: 327 yards in 24 returns. He is a member of the SJSU Sports Hall of Fame.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The phone number above is out-dated and the house itself has been on the market within the last few years. I'm guessing that maybe his wife has passed as well. So, I'll search for the son, even though my initial google search has turned up noting at all :-(

Quick question, how long do car dealerships typicaly keep records? Bob Coyle Chevrolet in San Jose is now Billings Chevrolet in Milpitas.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Good luck finding the son--Al Sr had four children and according to my search, they all appear to still live in the same area--I'm sure you can find at least one of them pretty easy. The info I turned up took 5 minutes and was from open sources on the internet.

As far as dealer paperwork, it depends how much of a packrat they are. I don't think there is an average or usual time. It seems like the paperwork that has shown up recently was either from some forgotten storage area or from someone who really thought ahead. It is highly unusual to find dealer paperwork still hanging around the delearship 39 years later.

·
Retired
16,046 Posts
Id drive over there if it were me, some weekend with the wife and kids in the family car. Pack some sammiches and make a short trip out of it. To the little old lady it will look nice that way. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
@Green RS - Albert Cementina was my grandfather. He passed away in 2003, and my grandmother Lela died in 2010. She was ill for a long time before she died, so I imagine you didn't get a response to your letter.

My mother and I both have very fond memories of the Camaro, and I'm happy to hear it's still around. Grampa had early onset Parkinson's and had to sell it, which made me very sad at the time.

Incidentally, Albert only had two kids. One is my mother, who lives in the Midwest. The other is my uncle Alan (not Al Jr), who lives in Connecticut.

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts