Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, finally got it together today, put new gas in tank, checked oil and water, spun up the oil pump with my Dewalt drill, and turned the key. Fired immediately, and stayed running, good oil pressure and water temp.AND WOOOO-HOOO WAS IT SWEET. Thing sounds fantastic, especially since it was through open headers. Can't believe how much better it sounds than the old 350. Had a slight water leak at the heater core hose, but tightened the clamp, and that fixed that. Planning to install my exhaust next before I get it out on the street, but can't wait to see how it pulls.

I want to thank everyone who was so patient answering all my millions of questions over the last few months, Everyone was great, and I appreciate all the suggestions/opinions/info.

Will try to get some audio/video of it as soon as I can.

Thanks again
RJ

·
Super Moderator
32,526 Posts
Might go to a muffler shop and buy a pair of header mufflers to reduce the nice sounding camshaft so the neighbors won't be irritated.
I did for mine, still sounded awesome.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Might go to a muffler shop and buy a pair of header mufflers to reduce the nice sounding camshaft so the neighbors won't be irritated.
I did for mine, still sounded awesome.
speaking of irritated neighbors...sorry don't mean to hi-jack the thread...but anyone ever got any letters from the their neighbors?? :) what's odd about this is my dad only runs the camaro on nice days...it doesn't have the windshield wipers anymore, nor inner fenderwalls so it has to be driven on nice days only...anyways...

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
speaking of irritated neighbors...sorry don't mean to hi-jack the thread...but anyone ever got any letters from the their neighbors?? :) what's odd about this is my dad only runs the camaro on nice days...it doesn't have the windshield wipers anymore, nor inner fenderwalls so it has to be driven on nice days only...anyways...

I would tape the note in my window and drive up and down the block... People are so pathetic sometimes.

Congrats RJ! Let's see some video!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Congrats RJ.

I am so jealous. Mine is still in pieces. I have enjoyed following your build.

Have fun.

·
Registered
474 Posts

Dude! thats just wrong....I would make friends with the cops up there, invite them over to take a look at it...and make sure that its "legal" so you can tool it around the neighborhood and pray that your so-called neighbors call...then get the cops that have checked out your ride....

Just sayin....:D

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
Dude! thats just wrong....I would make friends with the cops up there, invite them over to take a look at it...and make sure that its "legal" so you can tool it around the neighborhood and pray that your so-called neighbors call...then get the cops that have checked out your ride....

Just sayin....:D
X2 ( I think this needs it's own post):stirpot:
Jeff

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will be out of town for a couple weeks (sucks) but will get audio and video on when I get back. That note by the neighbors is pretty bogus. When I started my motor, all my neighbors came running out of their houses and over to my house to see and hear it. Glad I have them, and not yours, haha.

RJ

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Sweet RJ, you will love it!

And this thread is useless without video......:D

·
Registered
8,108 Posts

WTH? What part of Tacoma do you live, most areas they are just glad you are not doing a drive by on someone when you roll through the 'hood ;).

Unless you guys are being obnoxious thats just stupid, and probably from one (spineless) neighbor that won't come ask you guys to mellow it down at certain times, and I bet you could guess who it is.
They are right, if they call the cops 10 times they will get thier attention, but it won't be directed at you...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts