Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Which tire was installed on the camaros, or did they install both at different times &/or plants.? thanks for your tips:thumbsup:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Go to the Forum section under tires and wheels and "re-ask" the question...also go to the search and look for old forums on this as well...I would answer ...but I'm not sure,i know the redlines were really popular and i believe they were firestones,not sure

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
67pat, :confused: I think my origanal post started in wheels & tires, & i searched (Origanal tires)-(7.35-14),but didnt find anything about which company supplied the tires in the 60s,:noway: I'll keep searching.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Try putting in original tires...instead of origanal tires...the spelling error with an "A "instead of an "I" maybe throwing the search off. I did a search using "original tires" in the search box and it brought up a bunch of threads...look at the 13th one down about "69 z-28 original tires" has a pretty good discussion with some posted pictures...hope this helps

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
I was told by Jim at HBC that Firestone was the 67 core tire and Goodyear was used for overflow. Assume this is correct...not sure about the other years...

Lane

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
They could have received either one. If you are going for the original bias ply look both Firestone's or Goodyear's would be correct for a first gen.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
My 69 came with Uniroyal Tiger Paws. They lasted 11,000 miles. Still have them. One was the spare and is still unused.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts