Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere to get one of these? The harness didn't come with it and the only grommets I see available are for the 68/9 vacuum lines.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Maybe you could make one out of one of the rubber plugs available from Lowes in the hardware drawers.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what im probably going to do but its kind of bizarre its not repopped yet considering how many 67 rs's are out there along with people converting to electric.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
The grommet holds the lt blue and brown wires and pushes in from the engine side of the firewall. It is not possible to remove one from the two wires without cutting either the grommet or wires so you may have to buy an underhood harness to get it. Was you harness hacked?

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The grommet holds the lt blue and brown wires and pushes in from the engine side of the firewall. It is not possible to remove one from the two wires without cutting either the grommet or wires so you may have to buy an underhood harness to get it. Was you harness hacked?

My car is a 68 I converted to 67 style electric motors. I bought the diode harness brand new and it didn't come with a grommet. It doesn't look like the replacement harnesses do.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
My car is a 68 I converted to 67 style electric motors. I bought the diode harness brand new and it didn't come with a grommet. It doesn't look like the replacement harnesses do.
Assuming this is a stock-style 67 electric door setup...If what you are referring to as a "diode harness" is a short harness that connects under the dash, then no, that one would not include the grommet. The grommet lives on the harness in the engine compartment from relays to firewall. The connection between the two harnesses is made above the pedals on the interior side of the firewall :)

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Assuming this is a stock-style 67 electric door setup...If what you are referring to as a "diode harness" is a short harness that connects under the dash, then no, that one would not include the grommet. The grommet lives on the harness in the engine compartment from relays to firewall. The connection between the two harnesses is made above the pedals on the interior side of the firewall :)
It is and it is....Interesting. And that's why I post here!

The headlight harness is new, though the engine harness is original. I don't remember seeing it, but I guess I'll take a look this weekend when I head down to the shop.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
It is and it is....Interesting. And that's why I post here!

The headlight harness is new, though the engine harness is original. I don't remember seeing it, but I guess I'll take a look this weekend when I head down to the shop.
Good luck. Maybe it's there after all.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Melrose...sure enough that grommet was on the harness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts