Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the color difference between the two colors? What kind of paint should be used on the dash?
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
336 Posts
Krylon has a semi flat black that is just awesome and very very close to original. Of course the purists will have a code for you which also looks great. I'm sure they will chime in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Krylon you mention, is that flat black for the top of the dash as well as the front (glove box, gauges) etc...?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help! I went to the local PPG place and he didn't really have a clue. He gave (sold) me some MTK Acrylic Urethane w/ some flattener and said I'd have to figure out how much to put in to get the right colors-this is primarily for the firewall-maybe it will get flat enough for the dash. I don't see any color codes on this paint. I'm assuming it's just black. Should I go with it?
Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
According to JM, the top of dash and firewall are both 30% gloss. It doesn't say what the face of dash is. He lists rattle can Krylon semi-flat black #1613 as close to 30% gloss. Rustoleum satin black #7777 is close to 40-45 % gloss. Maybe that would work for the face of dash, I know mine looks glossier than the top. In the 70's I painted my dash and the Chevy dealer said it was a satin black.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I used the Krylon Black Gloss or Semi Gloss I forget, but it looks very good.

I've always had great experience w/ Krylon finishes. It adheres very well to almost anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.