Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 67 camaro rs wiring is confusing to me. ok, im thinking my problem is the fact that i have msd 6a box, one wire alternator plus im not getting power into my cabin. ive never been good at understanding wiring. i have 12v under the hood but when go to turn the ignition i dont get power to anything. ive checked the fuse box and theres no power. i was thinking that the connection from the engine bay to the cabin is faulty. if i havent given enough information. ask me so i can help you help me.

·
Registered
993 Posts
check the fusable link that comes from the battery. if the battery has power and there is none at the post on the alternator, then the fusable link might have gone bad.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Your horn relay should be the main power distribution point. Check to see if you have power there. If so, figure out why it's not getting to the main harness connector on the firewall.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

[/URL]
[/IMG]
[/URL]
/IMG]

i know some of you are going to point out the fact that i shouldnt have my fuel pump and msd box close to eachother so ill say it now before i get beat up. im going change that but first things first. ( i did that when i was 19 or 20 years old).

i dont know where the horn relay is but if im getting power to the alternator post, does that mean that the horn relay is connected?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry gene, it took me a little to figure out how to post the pics. is the horn relay the black box in the second picture?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
sorry gene, it took me a little to figure out how to post the pics. is the horn relay the black box in the second picture?
'black box' is the voltage regulator, horn relay is just below it, power runs from the battery to a junction block on the coresupport( behind the battery) over to the horn relay along the front of the coresupport. start at the battery pos cable (10 gauge red wire) and follow it across the coresupport

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm, i think i dont have a horn relay. am i looking in the right place?
[/URL]

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Yep looks like its missing in action, the red wire 'wiring to horn relay'( in the pic I posted) should be the main feed from the battery. position '2' is where it mounts, A Assembly manual or wiring diagram would help you figure out what wires go where on the relay.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks gene, i hope thats the only electrical problem ill run into. ill get on fixing this now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i found this picture on this site

then found this in my garage(right away too!)

and hooked it up like this. is this right? i dont have a green wire.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Hey, that's my hand!

Looks good. I saw an A/C condensor in one of your pics, If the wiring for the a/c is there, you'll have one more large wire to attach to a screw terminal on the horn relay.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, that's my hand!

Looks good. I saw an A/C condensor in one of your pics, If the wiring for the a/c is there, you'll have one more large wire to attach to a screw terminal on the horn relay.
yeah thats your hand. i stole it from another thread.:D
youre close about the ac condensor, its actually an oil/trans cooler. i get that a lot though.

is the wiring right, the way i have it in the last pic? i dont have a green wire, just two blacks. i put the fatter black wire on the side where the green one is in jims pic.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i now have power and that black wire does go to the horn. now i will go on to getting the car started.
thanks for the help, you guys saved me from a headache

1 - 16 of 16 Posts