Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is put away but in the spring when it's time to change the oil in my 2002 35th i'm wonderring waths your opinions on changing your oil. I think the 35th came with synthetique oil, I would like to know wath kind of oil is in it. thanks.

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Burney you can use a good synthetic like Amsoil or Mobile one with complete confidence. Just get the right weight oil called for in your owners manual.
New corvettes come with factory stocked Mobile One now, so feel safe in using a good synthetic, expect to spend a little more but the protection and quality is worth it, isnt your car worth it?
good luck
click

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
You could probably check/ verify by having the dealer inquire right back to the factory. Always good to know for sure what oil was put in it. Anyways congradulations on your future first oil change

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's a good idea to change oil before lay up for the winter. one of the byproducts of combustion are acids and other corrosive elelments

John

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't even driven the car mor than 100 feet. Had it trailered home from the dealer, the roads were dirty.

------------------
2002 35th aniversity camaro, LS1 6 speed, T top, every option possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts