Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time car moves under own power. Moving out side to take pics for insurance so I can drive for the first time. Ls power 444 cid, speed tech susp,frt and rear, legend 4 speed, 9" Ford rear, wildwood brakes, holley dominator f.I. Mini tube, complete owner built... Me, other then the shooting of paint color. Fun project. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
14,482 Posts
Good job and a nice looking car.

Is the 444 LS7 based?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good job and a nice looking car.

Is the 444 LS7 based?
No just a combi I came up with using a gm lsx bowtie block. 4.155 bore, 4.100 stroke. The car was going to be a street strip thing with a big inch big block. I made the "mistake" of looking at the pro touring thing and the project took a complete turn. I still wanted some bigger cubes so I went with this combo. ( really thought long and hard about taking the block out to max size cid ( 480 cid) hopefully will be driving by this weekend. I suspect it will be fairly stout after I get the motor broke in and a good tune in the ecu..

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
Man that thing sounds sick and look absolutely amazing! Enter that in the ROTM :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
How do you like the dominator efi? Was it fairly easy to start and tune yourself? Looking at the Holley HP for my EFI 496 just trying to get some feedback before I purchase, thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Love your work Ken, great job! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How do you like the dominator efi? Was it fairly easy to start and tune yourself? Looking at the Holley HP for my EFI 496 just trying to get some feedback before I purchase, thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I have done no tuning yet as I have no miles on car yet. Its 444 cid 650 plus lift cam, high ram intake. 11.2 compression, trick flow heads. I put a basic tune in and turned the key... Zero issues so far. Nice idle, starts well.. I will put least a few hundred miles before I start playing with. I have zero complaints at this time. In my opinion many issues ( with many products) can be traced back to poor install and unrealistic expectations. Take your time and pay very close attention to detail and I think it will go well for you. Thanks ken

1 - 16 of 16 Posts