Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These lines must have come with the kit I bought for my disc brake conversion. As you can see they are very long; to the point they rub on the frame. This one is actually pushing under the bottom of the frame a bit with the steering pretty close to dead center. On the other side it curls up under the A-arm.

These could be three to four inches shorter and still have plenty of reach for the sweep of steering.

And yes, I do notice that I am missing the clip on the frame mount.
DSC_2307 by Larry Madsen, on Flickr

I'm not impressed with them extending out into places they should not be.:(

Is there an easy way (or supplier) to get flex lines of a specific length?

I believe these calipers are early 70s Monte Carlo application.

·
13,975 Posts
Take them to All Hose on Post Rd Vegas. Or on N Pecos whichever is closest for you.

They can shorten them for you while you wait.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks John, Post Road is closer.

I'll give them a call before I pull the lines, but that's exactly what I need ... a place that can make them exactly like I want them ;)

Thanks to you as well Scott. I had wondered about premade, but figured it might be had finding them.

I guess I could ask another question. Is there a good way to determine just how much length is necessary to cover the sweep while keeping the length to a reasonable minimum? Obviously even at full extension we need a bit of slack.

·
Premium Member
68 Camaro SS/RS clone, 454 BB 4 speed, 3.73 Posi, new paint, motor, trans and diff assembly. 2" Drop
141 Posts
I just went through this when converting to rear disc brakes. I used a length of 12G wire (THHN solid may work better) and ran from fitting and routed to where its supposed to go, then laid it out and measured. Ordered from there.

·
13,975 Posts
Thanks John, Post Road is closer.

I'll give them a call before I pull the lines, but that's exactly what I need ... a place that can make them exactly like I want them ;)

Thanks to you as well Scott. I had wondered about premade, but figured it might be had finding them.

I guess I could ask another question. Is there a good way to determine just how much length is necessary to cover the sweep while keeping the length to a reasonable minimum? Obviously even at full extension we need a bit of slack.
Pick up the new ends from All Hose. Take them home and cut the old ends off. Shorten the hoses a little at a time using the new ends slipped on to get exactly how you want them. Then take it to All Hose and have them crimp the new ends on the hose.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
It's not difficult finding them locally. Just order what you need for the application. I never buy parts from resto vendors when I can buy them cheaper from my local suppliers. Operate your hobby as is if was a business.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found a pair premade. I figure my current hoses to be about 16"+ over-all. The ones I found are a bit over 12" over-all.
Comes with a pair of clips, so that problem is solved as well.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts