·
Premium Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
My boss has a AC Cobra car made by Factory Five Racing and bought the same jack. Its great and light too. I don't think you will be disappointed at all with it.

Kev

·
Super Moderator
32,758 Posts
Two years ago, I bought one from Walmart for $50 and it is the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I have the same jack. It works fine. I haven't had any problems with it. But have only used it a hand full of times.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,188 Posts
Yeah. I have one, too. Very nice and useful.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Eastwood sells a "low-clearance" floor jack that you might want to look at,too.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I had one from them awhile back(2yrs+-) so it may be a different model but it was a nice low profile jack with a quick lift rate but took way to much effort to raise so I got a similar one with twin cylinders. And I like it much better.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I use a lincoln jack, I know it has changed names. It is still made, just by another name. It is quite low, but if it is not low enough I drive the car onto a 2x4 and slide the jack under the car. Nice thing about the jack is it will raise without lifting the handle very far, small 2" strokes start it raising. It also has a u joint for the release, not the star gear thing that has alot of play, and wears out.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
do what i do on low cars- push the jack as far as you can, the lift up the bumper and kick the jack into place..
or drive it onto a 2X4 or 2 to get the clearance.
either option is cheaper than some cheap jack that will let you down when you least expect it.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Sam's sells that alluminum jack too. Looks like a great item.
I really wanted to get it, but the wife thinks that having 2 other floor jacks is enough for now. ;)

if I could do it again - that low-profile/lightweight is the one I would own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts