Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Restoring a 69 camaro, currently have a powerglide transmission with shifter on the steering column.Want to go to the console shifter on the floor.Is there a conversion kit you can buy?Also dont know if i should keep the powerglide in the car, or go to turbo 350 transmission?Thanks

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Welcome James!

You might do some searching in transmissions and interiors for your answers. All the parts you need to add a console are reproduced and available at your favorite repro house. There is quite a bit to it, and as far as I know, no one packages a complete kit.

As for the transmission, depends on you and what you will do with the car. A T350 will give better performance and driveability than a glide, but a 4 speed overdrive automatic will go in too, and THAT will make her a completely different car by opening the highways to quiet cruising.

·
Registered
3 Posts
would anybody be able to answer some questions about my cars shifting problems? its a 77 with a 305 auto. ive replaced the shifter cable 3 times in the last month and they keep getting torn out!

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
David, welcome to Team Camaro. You should start a new post in Transmission section for every new question you might have. Adding it to this one will confuse folks as to which question is being answered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts