Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what I should use to seal these little oval pieces to the floorpan and trunkpans?

The old stuff on them was ROCK hard and dried up.

I happen to have some black 3M Strip Calk (hey, that's how they spelled it!) Oh, and I also have some brush-on seam sealer.

Are one of these ok to use? I'm not looking to be factory correct, just well done. The pans all have a fresh coat of Eastwood Rust Encapsulator on them.

Thx!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I think seam sealer was used originally. That's what I would recommend since you have some.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am glad you mentioned the hump. My trunk hump is up and the floor pan is down. So they both go up? (1967).
Thanks

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
i have a similar question: do all of the humps go up or just the trunk i have seen both (humps up and down along the body floor) in many pictures. is there a definitive answer on installation of the body drain plugs?

·
Registered
827 Posts
jerry told me they should be hump up when he inspected my car. i found this strange because i never removed them. maybe it was easy come easy go at the factory?

·
Registered
633 Posts
So it's hump up installed from the bottom or flipped hump up and installed from inside the trunk interior? Haha who knew ths would be so complicated. I removed mine recently, they were installed hump down from inside the trunk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts