Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Florida Residents hurry! Email your House Rep...Florida Custom Car Street Rod Bill

Well, I've never really written to my legislators for anything, but I did tonight.

I received an email from SEMA that House Bill 545 is being considered tomorrow in a House Committee. Here's the quick facts:

H.B. 545 provides specific registration and titling classes for street rods and customs, including kits and replicas.
H.B. 545 allows for the use of non-original materials and creates a titling criterion that assigns these vehicles the same model year designation as the production vehicle they most closely resemble.
H.B. 545 exempts street rods and customs from emissions inspections and exempt street rods and custom vehicles from a range of standard equipment requirements (only that equipment required in the model year that the vehicle resembles).
H.B. 545 provides that vehicles titled and registered as street rods and custom vehicles may only be used for occasional transportation, exhibitions, club activities, parades, tours, etc. and not for general daily transportation.
H.B. 545 permits the use of blue dot taillights on street rods and custom vehicles.

The emissions and titling issues are huge! My dad had a hell of a time titling his 32 Ford in Ohio...since it's a fiberglass body, they wanted to make it an 03. It would be nice not to deal with that here!

Here's a link to the SEMA website that has email addresses to send a letter of support.

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62218

Thanks,
Jason

1 - 1 of 1 Posts