Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

OK, don't laugh. I purchased a FLUKE 115 Multimeter and a master lead set/kit. Well come to find out the sets recommended use doesn't include the meter I purchased (115). I don't want to damage anything in case I have to return something. So question is are they compatible? Any info. is as always appreciated.

Thanks,
RumRunner

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi All,
Ok, I called FLUKE and everything is compatible with their meter. The only thing that I have that I can't use is the temperature probe and my meter doesn't have a selection for that, sooo anyone in the market for an 80BK-A temp. probe for a FLUKE??? $10.00. I PAY SHIPPING!!

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
You might want to keep it.
It will read from -40 deg F to 500 deg F.

I don't use it very often, but it is nice to have.
1. Temperature of the AC air coming out of the vent.
2. Temperature of my beer refrigerator.
3. Air temp of my radiator.
4. Temperature of my disc brake rotors to see if the pistons are stuck.
4. [email protected]#$% is hot in my garage.

A drop of Super Glue will hold the tip of the probe against the surface you want to measure for long term temperature measurements.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tp_smith,

My meter doesn't have a thermometer setting or I would keep it.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Sorry, I never used a 115 meter. I am not familiar with this model.

You could use the temp sensor with your meter. Set the meter on the mV DC setting. You need a calculator to convert millivolt reading on the meter to Fahrenheit temperature. There are also lookup tables if you like old school way. I know this is crazy. It is supposed to be a joke.

If I had to use a calculator, I would leave my probe in the pouch. :frown2:

Fluke and other knock offs make a nylon strap with a strong magnet on the end. The magnet holds the meter in place just about anywhere there is steel. I don't know if one will fit your meter but they are handy.

You bought a good meter. Fluke has a reputation of making a high quality meter. One of your kids will inherit a nice meter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts