Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys ,After a temporary Brain Fart and reading David Pozzi's posts on NOT putting DOT5 fluid in your car whats the best way to get it out?I've recirculated about 10 pints of the stuff and fixed about 6 leaks and still don't have any brake pressure. System is totaly new.new master, lines, hoses and, calipers.I'm gonna go back to the Valvoline DOT4 any sugestions?

Thanks David

·
Registered
601 Posts
open all brake lines helps to have a friend than open 1 at a time disconnect line from master and blow air til friend says just air holding a bucket there you dont want all fluid over car do all lines. than pump master till all empty. throw some more in master flush out. reconnect and put all new in. and start bleeding master keeping lines loose push down tighten loosing up than tighten after master bled. than go to front right,
back right, left back, front left.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will it help to flush with alcohol?I've got a vacume pump which will collect it with out getting it everywhere.I've got a way to bleed the Master too.
thanks Bill, This sucks my engine bay is finished the paint color of the car didn't want to take a chance on getting fluid on the paint guess I'll have to be extra careful
Thanks again David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts