Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here and new owner of an older Camaro. It's an 89 RS. Found it on Craigslist. It runs well for an old toy so I fully expect snags in its performance until I decide to just replace everything from scratch. I'm a former diesel tech, so I know little about performance autos but I can learn.

Here's some of the Craigslist listing on it (copy/pasted): "has a 305 v8 with only like 40k on it and fresh rebuilt tranny with a shift kit. holley aftermarket manifold,headers,full flowmaster exhaust,all new tune up stuff all accell may be in next few days. runs great shifts awesome. runs more like a 350 iroc then a 305 rs. lowered with eibach springs, has traction bars and k members. trans am posi rear so it now has rear disc brakes. 17 inch centerline wheels with great wide tires. has autometer tach,air fuel ratio gaue, and tranny pressure gauge, nice sony headunit with remote clean interior in good shape only problem interior is typical crack in dash. it has a few minor dents no big deal and slight surface rust on the inside of the wheel wells."

I've already had a no start but crank issue with it that brought me to this site. Didn't pump fuel and a shot of ether started it right up and the injectors sprayed nicely. Tune up on Monday. I'll probably be asking questions regularly as I get aquainted with my new love.

Steve

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts