Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I've asked this on a couple other Camaro forums and haven't gotten any responses, so I'm hoping you guys are a bit more responsive.

I'm working on a 1995 Camaro (6 cyl. version) and I'm replacing the entire fog/driving/racing light assembly. Unfortunately, these lights don't seem to remove from the front. I can see the light attaches to a metal base that bolts in from the bottom, but I can't get to one of the bolts from underneath. I've removed most of the underbody "cladding" that allows me access to one of the bolts. Unfortunately, I can't remove the part of the bumper that wraps underneath and attaches via some kind of a "push pin". It's the part of the bumper that helps channel air to the radiator. If I could get that to "unbutton", it would just be a "flap" that hung loose and i could get to the two bolts, and remove the fog light.

Any idea of how to get this bumper piece off, or how to remove the driving/fog/racing lights off?

Thanks in Advance!
Dave

·
Retired
26,642 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dave Chang:
Greetings,
I've asked this on a couple other Camaro forums and haven't gotten any responses, so I'm hoping you guys are a bit more responsive.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!! That's kinda like telling your date, "I've gone out with a couple other girls and they weren't very responsive, I hope you are!"

The folks here will help you if they can but this is a 1st gen site for the most part so you may find 4 gen resorces a bit limited here.... I don't have a direct answer, have you tried to talk to the guy at the parts counter at the nearest Chevy dealer. They can pull up lots of drawing and might provide some insight. If you ask about cost of replacement, it should be easy to move the conversation to removing them...

Again the folks here will help if they can...

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DjD:
LOL!! That's kinda like telling your date, "I've gone out with a couple other girls and they weren't very responsive, I hope you are!"

Again the folks here will help if they can...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What can I say.... I'm desperate.

I appreciate any insight you guys can give me. I've been on a few later other Camaro boards, and they were of no help at all.

I"ll give the dealer call a shot. From what I've experienced, however, most aren't eager to help when they're hearing you're doing the work yourself.

thx,
dave

·
Registered
503 Posts
GM used both push pins and plastic rivets....
If it is a push pin it will have a head similar to a nail head in the center...You have to pull that out first then You can remove pull out the rest of it...
If it looks like it has a snapped off stem in the center it is a plastic rivet and You have to drill it out...
There is also another variation of the push pin used that has a smooth head....this one simply pulls out...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 18436572:
GM used both push pins and plastic rivets....
If it is a push pin it will have a head similar to a nail head in the center...You have to pull that out first then You can remove pull out the rest of it......
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely looks like that. So, I just pull out the center piece right? I've been yanking on one of them, mangled it pretty well, and it's not come out. I wish my digicam wasn't broke. I'd take a pic for you guys. Thanks for the insight.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts