Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a line on a 69 coupe that has the fold down seat option. Will that work in my 68 RS convertible? Do I need both back and seat or just the back? And the big question, how much should I expect to pay for it? (it's in rather ratty shape but everything is there)
Also will I be able to take the cover off mine and put it on it. Mine's in great shape.

·
11,293 Posts
Winch, The fold down is the same dimensions as the convert seat. You will need to weld in the 2 hinge support plates and the partition holder (long metal part that holds the fiber board backing). You will also need to remove the hook catches for the upper seat.
The convert bottom seat and the fold down is the same. You cannot use a convert upper seat cover on a fold down.
Make sure you get all the latches, hinges and hinge plates (you have to drill the spot welds out), bumpers, partition board and holder. A lot of parts are repro-ed in case you don't get it all.

I have seen them from $200-$600, depending on condition of course. If you are going to buy the whole car, that's a different story!

Luck, Kevin

------------------
69' SS-350 Convert, M20, 3.55 posi. Totally Disassembled & in boxes (I'm working on it!)
69'(Hugger Orange -originally, Burgundy now) Z-21 Convert 327/PG, Driver

1 - 2 of 2 Posts