Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the other thread was getting a bit long I thought a new one was the best way to do this. Here's a link to the orig thread...

http://www.camaros.net/forum/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/10212.html

Ok All - resending my e-mail got a reply from Soffseal. Here it is:

Dear Dennis,

Thank you for your interest in this project, the car is just now getting started, we hope to have it completed by Oct.
I have set up a fund for any parts that are not donated(so far everything has been donated) with the majority of the fund to be presented to Shane for his education.
Any donations would be helpful. Send To:

Soffseal
Attn Alex Tainsh
104 may dr
Harrison Oh 45030

Thanks Again, this is a good thing we are doing.
Alex
I have replied to Alex asking if there is a fund name to make the checks out to and asked for a list of needed parts. I'd suggest waiting to see how they want the Checks made out before sending anything. You might also want to write Team Camaro somewhere on the check when you do send it.

Pozzi pointed out something about how shows like Overhaulin get donated parts and donate the labor but the govt requires taxes on the parts be paid and that gets pushed off onto the reciepant. Also as I brought up in the other thread it really wouldn't be the right thing to do (as cool as it would be) to take the project away from the good folks that started the good deed as would be the case if Overhauling wer involved.

Mike had offered the use of his paypal account and that might be a way for those not wanting to send a check.

Originally posted by mike_russell:
I would be willing to host my paypal account to collect donations for this project. Then make a one time donation in the name of Team Camaro. This would make it easy for everyone to donate to one place, or someone else could sponsor it. It definatley would have to be someone with high morals.
I have been serving in the military for the past 22 years and it would be an honor to host this.

What we would need is the donation institution that is local for the son to tranfer the funds to after all is said and done.
I don't know how he would keep track of donations but I'm sure something can be worked out...

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A quick reply from Alex...

The checks should be made out to Colton Camaro
at this time we are getting a good response from the market on new parts the only used part we need is the dash (a long shot)

thanks again
Alex
Hope everyone is still in the giving mood...
The car's a 1968 if you have a dash!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I agree with 67 Plum. That would be a nice way to do it if something could be worked out.
And yes.... still in the giving mood.
I think stevo had a dash that I kinda wanted for mine......but my car can wait. I can find another one.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
I'm in, donation will be mailed tomorrow, with thanks to TC.

I've been talking to Ed G, he's parting out his '68, I'll blast him an email about the dash. Is it the front of it they need? Must be, the top can be bought.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I have a 68 dash I can cut but it’s last resort rusty on the backside and may be all the way through by now. I won’t be able to get to it to look until this weekend.. I’m in for cash too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What is meant by the dash? The sheet metal or all the stuff that goes in it?

I have a '68 that I am parting out. The dash metal is still in it, but that can be "corrected".
I think it is in decent shape, other than where the windshield contacted it.

So what is needed?

Ed

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think Mike is willing to collect money using his paypal account but wants everyone to know there is a charge per transaction that would have to come out of each donation. I'll look into how much it is. I also asked about the dash and got this reply...

Dennis,
The medal front of the dash, at this point I have all new gauges and vents but nothing to mount them into. I did not even consider paypal when I set this up, I expected the response from business but I am pleasantly surprised from the response the clubs have offered.
thanks
Alex

·
Registered
125 Posts
Medal, as in Medal of Honor, or metal as in the metal a medal is made from? I just couldn't resist!

I will look closely at the dash I have, but something that jumps out at me as being odd is that the astro vents didn't quite fit right. The curve of the vents didn't seem to match the curve of the dash. I don't know if all 68s had these vents fed by the cowl, but mine just don't seem to be a good fit. Given the patched together nature of the rest of the car (as I discovered when I removed the copious amounts of Bondo), I wouldn't be surprised if something was amiss.

I'd like to make sure that I have something worthy of giving before I "selflessly" donate a pile of junk. Any dash experts out there that can help me clear this up?

Ed

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have been talking with Dennis about this issue and have done the below-

What I found out, pay pal charges a 2.9% plus .30 cents per transaction to cover the credit card companies fee, and Im sure some of that is for using their service too. But it allows you to make a donation using a credit card as well, which is convienent.
I placed the donation button on my web site at www.camaro.lookscool.com hopefully we can get the HTML code transfered to the TC Main page so we can get more exposure. I have also added a bonus if you donate, You get the 1st generation Camaro screen saver that I created for donating. After you donate it will automatically ask you if you want to download the Screen Saver-If you want it then accept, if not interested than cancel it. I just wanted to give you guys something extra as I think this is for a good cause.
I will give an occassional update here on this thread on the total collected and once we feel we have come to the end, I will mail a check to Dennis (the moderator) for presentation from us.
If this all sounds like a good start let me know... Also my web site loads slow if you are on dial up so give it time to load. Hopefully we can get it moved to this site soon.

If you guys have any comments or suggestions please let us know as well..

Also a Big Thanks to Dennis for keeping this thread going!!

vr,
Mike Russell

·
10,164 Posts
I think when you send money from paypal, there is a pull down menu that you select the type of purchase. If you select cash transfer or something, there is a charge on the transfer. If you select "purchase" or "goods" for the type of transaction, there is no charge that I know of. I've transfered money that way and not heard of any charge on the other end. There is a note on the site about the banks requiring a charge for pure money transfers, but you can just select other options.

You might check that out.
David

·
Registered
136 Posts
David, I just checked the account and they did withdraw the charged on my end.

As for first day totals we are at $193.90!!

(1142 pm cst 11Jan05).

·
Registered
136 Posts
OK, I came up with a theme for this as well, thanks to my co-worker who is retired from the Army that is a civillian worker for the Coast Guard.. (OK no puddle jumper or water nazi jokes..)

How about using what Ed stated above and call this project the:

"METAL OF HONOR"

I think that if we could suggest to Soffseal to either paint or incorperate this theme or saying on the Camaro would be pretty neat. Maybe a personalized license plate or something to that effect. What say You??
Also Dennis (DJD) has been doing all the side work to incorperate the Donation button onto TC and will be incorperated onto TEAM CAMARO's web site soon!!

If anyone has any comments or concerns, please conatact either Dennis or myself.

vr,
Mike Russell

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mike you must sleep less than I do!! I like the "Metal of Honor" idea. I'll pass on the suggestion to Alex at Soffseal.

·
Registered
125 Posts
So who in the New Hampshire has a 68 with Astro vents in the dash that I can come look at so I can determine if my dash is OK (as I explained in a previous post). I really want to check this out before I donate it.

Ed

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I just saw this thread earlier today and was moved by it. I made my small contribution through paypal and posted a link to this thread on Pro-Touring.com and Lateral-G.net. I figure the more people that see this the better.

Mike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts