Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whatdoyouthink? insured reported that his top fuel dragster frame was twisted during transit in the trailer from rough roads. no trailer suspension damage. the frame damage was discovered while in the shop (in for catastrophic engine failure during the last race).

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Methinks BS.

I read an article about the concerns TF racers have about the cars being too powerful. In the article Kenny Bernstein stated a frame lasts about 100 passes. At that point it is too stressed to be safe.

In 1990 Darrell Gwynn was brutally injured in a TF car when the chassis broke in two during a run.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
More than likely BS. Major engine explosion will break the chassis if anything is in the way of flying parts. But it can happen a lot of guys used to support the middle of their cars when in transit.

[This message has been edited by oger (edited 02-01-2002).]

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
was he 4 wheelin' the trainler with the car loaded on? i think BS.
you can get insurance for race cars?

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
You really do have to support the middle of a tube chassis that is 300 inches long. It's a supported underneath the car about half way from either end to not get beat up bouncing for hundreds or thousands of miles. But twisting a frame while not running sure sounds funny to me.

------------------
SCOTT
69 RS-SS 396 4-SPEED

1 - 5 of 5 Posts