Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
19,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bow to you guys/gals who do this for a living.... what a PITA to re-cover one seat. (just did the back one and looking for new seats for fronts)

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Hi Doug,
Well, hate to tell you but the back seat is a piece of cake compared to recovering the buckets.

If you have any problems, just PM me.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hey Dot, i too need to do some seat repair, my covers are brand new, but the seat foam and burlap is original and crumbling. Where do I go with this, new foam?
RJ

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I've used American Cushion brand foam, seems to be a good product.... you can get burlap from walmart or a fabric shop.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Hi RJ,

If the foam is crumbling, you will need new buns. Crumbling foam is dead foam.
You should be able to get new burlap from your local upholstery shop = not expensive.
but it doesn't have the reinforcing wires in it.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Hi RJ,
You should be able to get new burlap from your local upholstery shop = not expensive.
but it doesn't have the reinforcing wires in it.
I have used stainless tig welding wire to replace the wires in the burlap, get a size close to the original size and use the old wires as a pattern. Takes a lil bit of time but makes the seat nice. You will probably also find the outer seat side springs are broken on the seat bottom, you can get just the side springs from ground up or other suppliers for less than $20.00

·
19,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dot, thanks.Doesn't sound very encouraging.
But I'm looking for front seats like in some of the other threads.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Doug,

My back seat was also in shambles. I took it to an upholestry shop and paid $150 to have them refoam it. It came out great, much better than the old stock one comfort wise. :beers:

Check out this thread, I posted some pics when I had mine done.

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119519&page=2

·
19,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jay, yes they look good.

I seen your thread on the front seats and thats what got me looking again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts