Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you have between your bulge on the tire and inner fender well? Thats on the inside by the rear frame rails. What is an exceptable amount of room?

Right now it seems I have 1.25" to 1.5" to inner well. Thats using 16x8's with a 255/50 tire/

Thanks, Erik

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
I have enough room to slide my fingers between the sidewall and the inner wheelhouse with a slight rub of the knucles. How's that for a precise measurement? I have average to large hands. I've never had a rub there so far as I can tell.

I have the exact same space. I could slide my finger and thats about it. Any closer I rub. I'd say a little more than 1/2 inch. I also rolled my fenders. My lip on the inside was around 1 1/2 inches now its 1/2 inch and the tires fit perfect.

275/45/17 on a 9.5 wheel with 5.5 backspace.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I have the exact same space. I could slide my finger and thats about it. Any closer I rub. I'd say a little more than 1/2 inch. I also rolled my fenders. My lip on the inside was around 1 1/2 inches now its 1/2 inch and the tires fit perfect.

275/45/17 on a 9.5 wheel with 5.5 backspace.
I run 285/45-17's on the rear on a 9.5" wide wheel (5.5" b/s) and I have about 3/4" on the tight side (inside drivers) and no rubbing issues,even over culverts and driveways.1" lowering blocks on the rear and fenders have been worked.The secret is a stiff suspension and I'd say mine's set on kill.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Have to remeber, your after 67-68's with this combo. 69's seem to have a little more room from what I have been reading. Some day I will pull the trigger on this very set up. So post away guys, I am instrested myself!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts