Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my Baer Brakes Sport System installed, along with many other things. But once the rear brakes were on, the wheel studs weren't long enough anymore. They couldn't mount the rims, cause the lug nut couldn't catch a thread. So my question is, Has anyone else had the same problem? It's not that big a deal, just had to get longer wheel studs. Baer should've included them with there kit i think. They included a new hub for the front. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Re: For Those Who Converted There Rear Drums to Discs Brakes....Question!

It's a common problem. You'll just need longer studs and they are easy to install.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

clwilcox33 said:
It's a common problem. You'll just need longer studs and they are easy to install.
Cool! Just wanted to make sure i'm not the only one. I wonder why Baer would include new hubs for the front, and not longer studs for the rear?

·
Registered
11 Posts

I had the same problem with the same brakes. I thought maybe it was because I'm using old corvette wheels. The studs do change out easy. Wish that was my only problem.:clonk:

·
Registered
709 Posts

The touring classics kit includes studs. The only bummer about the rear kit, is you need to machine the rear axle hub down. So I am waiting to buy new ones, since mine are well used....

·
Registered
301 Posts

I used a Trans AM factory rear disc setup - I just had to get the axle studs for a 79-81 T\A They are longer than a stock axle stud - enough to cover the difference in thickness from a drum to disc - Good luck!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts