Team Camaro Tech banner

? for welders

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  MXW69 
Unsure what metal that is also, but thinking TIG would be best due to thickness, placement, and best looking results.

I had a car back in the day that popped every time I shifted...found more than one tube cracked/broken. I deleted the system and found plugs for the EGR ports in the manifolds....all better.

May not be correct, but parts were either expensive or non-existent.

Ssssooooo, IF you plug the holes in the exhaust manifold to further "disable" the unit ?

I would ask since it's "technically" how you word it.😁

Some of the stuff I did to get through smog tests....lol.
I failed one tailpipe sniffer, made a U-turn and got in another lane once, turned the idle up using the idle air bleeds in line, and passed. LOL

Why slam California? They had terrible smog problems, particularly in the Los Angeles basin, which they've managed to clear up quite a bit. When I was there, I liked breathing, rather than chewing, the air.
Cali air was great while China was shut down....
China Is Polluting California's Air (treehugger.com)
"Scientists found Asian air pollution contributed as much as 65 percent of an increase in Western ozone in recent years," NPR reported. "China and India, where many consumer products are manufactured, are the worst offenders." A number of studies have come to similar conclusions, with one study finding "29% of particulates in the San Francisco area came from coal power plants in China."
China's skies are briefly clearer while factories stay shut - ABC News (go.com)

What the Smoggiest Cities Look Like After Quarantine | Reader's Digest (rd.com)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.