Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally been able to get started on tearing down and building my ford 8.8 rear end out of a 2001 ford explorer for my 68 Camaro. I just finished sand blasting the brake calipers, brakets and back plates. Lucky me I am able to take those parts to work and use some top of the line equipment duriing break to accomplish these steps. Still cleaning up the housing, pumpkin and tubes at home in the shop.

Which brings me to my question when I was looking at replacement parts for buidling up the breaks. I came to the to the rotors. Which is where I am stumped. I have to change to bolt pattern on the axles to work with the rims. Do I just drill the new rotors with the axels? I cant seem to find rotors that fit the 8.8 rear end parking break with the chevy 5 x 4.75 both pattern.

·
Registered
1969 Camaro Convertible
251 Posts
Sorry, I don't have any useful information for you, but I'm curious. Are you going with GM wheels or aftermarket? If aftermarket, why not get two rear wheels with the Ford bolt pattern and two wheels with the Chevy bolt pattern for the front?

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I get axles and rotors drilled with new patterns all of the time. Any competent machinist can do this for you. Make sure that your wheels don’t interfere with the register for the rotors. The register sticks through the rotor center to locate the rotor. Sometimes they stick through and the wheels indexes off of them. They are different between brands, and you could damage the wheels when you tighten them down if the register is too large on the axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts