Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS, ANYONE KNOW OF RIMS SIMILAR TO GLOSS BLACK FORGELINE SP3P's THAT AREN'T QUITE AS PRICEY. THEY ARE GOING ON A BLACK 68 CAMARO THATS BEING MINITUBBED WITH 2 INCH DROPS UP FRONT, TX CHRIS

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
The problem you will run into is a 2 piece wheel will have to be widen to a 12. Wheel companies charge $400 t $600 per wheel to make a 10 into a 12, which runs the cost of a $2500 set of 2 piece wheels up to $3500, Which puts you witin $500 of Forgeline SP3P, and puts you dead on Step Lip Forgeline SP3 for $3500 a set. Of coarse these are with your Team Camaro Discounts through Prodigy Customs on Forgelines.

Check out the SP3

http://www.forgeline.com/products/performance-series-step-lip/17inch-and-18inch-performance-series/sp3.html

Here is a set of silver SP3 we just did on a black 68 Camaro. This car will be complete and at Run Thru The Hills next week, so I will get some pics at ride height.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi frank, chris here in north carolina, appreciate the pics. can the sp3's be done with gloss black like the sp3p's on the prodigy car? i know the prodigy with all its custom work has 345's on it, but is it possible to fit a 335 on my 68 with the tubs? i absolutely love the way the wheels/tires look on the prodigy car. tx Chris

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Did not know this was your screen name. Seen your email, this thing is snowballing rapidly, LOL! Your going to have to stay off our website or just sign over the 401k and keep adding to the worklist, LOL!

Yes, 335s will work. Here is a pic of that black 68 After our G Link install with the SP3s and 335 / 30 / 18s.

The SP3s can be done in gloss black. Would look sick on your car. I would like to add a red pinstripe to the outer rim shell to pull in your red bumble bee.

That is a high dollar set of wheels on Project Prodigy. They are 19 X 10 and and 20 X 13 (more money), has the special diamond cut (more money) that cannot be done to the SP3, only the SP3P. And it is pricey at $800 to diamond cut. Also Project Prodigy has chrome lips, not polished (more money). But highly polished lips amost look chrome anyway. The wheels on that car are amazing. The SP3s look really great too for a LOT less money. That is exactly why Forgeline decided to build them.

More pics of Project prodigy and others here:

http://www.prodigycustoms.com/projects/

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey Frank, i like the look on the 68 pics you included. not sure where on the rim you mean when you say the outer rimshell for a red pinstripe. i'll give you a call tuesday to finalize the plan. i am getting stoked...this is gonna be a sweet ride!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts