Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting in a Wilwood front disc kit and their master cylinder kit. I can form the brake line but i am curious if i am better off with a prebent kit.

·
Premium Member
3,995 Posts
If you can buy a pre bent kit for Wilwood brakes for your car, it would be easier. Stock lines will be different.

Reactions: pittpens24

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
If you have a stock sub-frame then you may be able to modify the stock style lines. After-market and you will have to make your own. If you decide to go stainless, I highly recommend the Eastwood flaring tool https://www.eastwood.com/professional-brake-tubing-flaring-tool.html. I did my entire system with this flaring tool out of stainless and did not have a single leak!

·
14,491 Posts
I am not aware of any pre bent brake lines for wilwood master cylinder and or prop valve

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kinda figured the setup would be far enough off stock to eliminate an easy fit. I am going to put a line lock on it too which makes it worse.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,995 Posts
I use the nickel cad line for bending custom lines. All the speed shops use it. It is easier to bend, and will not rust. I have installed and seen it on many bush cup, and NASCAR rides with zero failures. You will never use your brakes to the extremes they do.

·
14,491 Posts
I use the nickel cad line for bending custom lines. All the speed shops use it. It is easier to bend, and will not rust. I have installed and seen it on many bush cup, and NASCAR rides with zero failures. You will never use your brakes to the extremes they do.
Nickel Copper?

I used Stainless Steel on my Black Car. PIA. Used Nicopp on the last 3. If you hit it with a piece of steel wool it polished up very nicely.

·
Premium Member
3,995 Posts
Same beast.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I purchased a wilwood master cylinder, proportioning valve, and disc brakes for all 4 corners. I also purchased a complete set of disc brake lines from Right Stuff. They made good templates for me when I had to bend all my own lines. I used NiCopp with stainless steel spring/rock guards. I also used the Eastwood flaring tool.

The biggest issue is the interface with the proportioning valve. Nothing lines up. No amount of coaxing will get them there in a useable way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts