Team Camaro Tech banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
I give up! Either any car thats budget friendly is a basket case or a nightmare to work with. And just with a quick look at some sights(ie: ebay, Facebook or classic auto sales) finding a driver is almost as much as a new one or they want to pay off their mortgage with it. I saw a 69 pro tour 馃ぎ for over 100k. Really!!!
It almost as if no one negotiates anymore.
Example. A year ago I saw a 68 camaro. The metal was good but the rear quarter had some dents and the drivers door was missing. It had a clean title and the floors were good. I asked the guy if he would sell it. He said he wanted 12k, not 1200, 12k. Because that's what he had in it. I thought he was on crack for buying a former drag car for 6k and paying some one 6k to cut the roll cage out.
I guess this is what the muscle car community has turned into. Its not about the cars anymore.

Im saying everyone, but jerkwads with deep pockets and no passion have ruined it IMO.

Thanks guys.
PSST! Check out this one....1968 Chevrolet Camaro | eBay
Purple Violet Art Font Circle

Registered
What happens when you attempt to sell said vehicle to a buyer in another state?
Maybe I wrote it wrong, if u live in ct and sell a car from there u get no title. Like I said. If u leave ct and move to north carolina(I did) the new state will issue u a title.( mine did)
So like I said, u can get a title for a car if buying from a state that does not use them. But your new or existing state must be one that still uses titles.
You're not wrong because you didn鈥檛 state any facts. You went by what you thought was correct.

Bill of Sale cars sold to another State will often get you a Branded Title. Just an issue not worth the hassle.

Registered
Bill of Sale cars sold to another State will often get you a Branded Title. Just an issue not worth the hassle.
Not worth losing a 150K car over some hoops to jump through. I guess a lot of people will pass on a great deal because of fear.

Registered
Time and money isn't the issue. Its finding the right car. That's why I ask here. To see what your experience tells me. If I don't ask people with experience and knowledge I may end in a bad situation. As far as restoring a car? Its a bucket list thing for me. I've worked on restoring ww2 corsair and mustangs amoung other old aircraft. Also a few other cars with freinds. Its not a work for profit thing for me. I'm not looking at the $$ return.
In better shape than most for the year. Something decent to start with
Good luck.Ernie.

Registered
In better shape than most for the year. Something decent to start with
Good luck.Ernie.
You people making a whole discussion out of this. Over the title. He didn't ask about that. I'm sure he didn't just crawl out from under a rock. He knows the laws and the steps for his state. If he builds the car and sells it to someone the same thing applies. It's good to bring it up but every other post It's the same thing. Don't discourage someone over something he has control over. Geez.

It鈥檚 good the OP is here asking questions before he buys rather than after like we see so often.

Title is important. I know of a guy that bought a bill of sale only car. Never put it in his name. Spent thousands and a couple years doing the restoration.

The Ex of the guy he bought it from showed up with the title for the car she got in the divorce. Guess what. She got the car.

Just saying. Get the title stuff sorted out and the car in your name before you spend a dime on it. Or better yet before you buy it. Also put insurance on it asap.

Reactions: X-77 keith

Premium Member
It鈥檚 good the OP is here asking questions before he buys rather than after like we see so often.

Title is important. I know of a guy that bought a bill of sale only car. Never put it in his name. Spent thousands and a couple years doing the restoration.

The Ex of the guy he bought it from showed up with the title for the car she got in the divorce. Guess what. She got the car.

Just saying. Get the title stuff sorted out and the car in your name before you spend a dime on it. Or better yet before you buy it. Also put insurance on it asap.
True, true, and very true鈥.

Don

Reactions: X-77 keith

Registered
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

That is a way unfortunate outcome. Definitely going to check the history on that car. If the seller had it in his name and lost the title. Thats one thing. But if not, well I went down that road before. With a chevelle. I unfortunately had to sell before we moved. It took me a year but I got a clean title. And because at the time I lived in PA. Well let's just say, it was a nightmare.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Looks like a $75,000 restoration and then it will be worth $50k
As I said before. Its not profit margin for me. It's a passion margin. Not everything in life is measured in dollars and cents. The joy of owning the car and restoring it and driving it is worth more to me than a few dead presidents on greenninked paper.
Jeez, did you loose your love of it for money?

Registered
As I said before. Its not profit margin for me. It's a passion margin. Not everything in life is measured in dollars and cents. The joy of owning the car and restoring it and driving it is worth more to me than a few dead presidents on greenninked paper.
At this point鈥-I鈥檓 sure you鈥檝e made your decision. If you buy it, post pictures for us to follow you on the journey in the Restoration Corner section.

Go for it!

If money is no object then just buy a better car to start with.

Passion is great and a little upside down is fine but to most the fun goes down the drain pretty fast when they realize the dream car they bought is an endless money pit.

Looking at the photos closer, it has some hidden rust issues I didn't notice initially. Both quarters for starters. Should've realized as he mentions replacement panels available.
Zoom in on the trunk and rockers. The rust you see is just the tip of the lurking iceberg

Reactions: Jetfixer1975

Premium Member
I always try to buy projects with good rockers and frame rails.

Reactions: Jetfixer1975

Registered
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
OK. Price is under 1k. It has a clear title. And is close to me. I think this would qualify as a resurrection more so than a restoration. But hell, I could probably part it out and get my money back.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

41 - 60 of 89 Posts