Premium Member
5,222 Posts
I crushed a better looking one than that last week. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: mlicker

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
If you don’t want to spend the money on a decent project then you probably don’t want to spend the money to restore a POS project… ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I crushed a better looking one than that last week. 🤔
Im trying to figure out what some consider junk and treasure. I get it. Some of you look at the $$$$. But you may be robbing others of their treasure. And throwing g money away. Hence driving up the cost.
If you look at it from a preservation and community aspect. You will give someone else the opportunity to build their car. But if you crush them. You throw a few hundred dollars away out of your pocket and another of these awesome pieces of American muscle off the street forever.

Remember, not everything is trash. Someone gave you a chance at some point in your life.

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Im trying to figure out what some consider junk and treasure. I get it. Some of you look at the $$$$. But you may be robbing others of their treasure. And throwing g money away. Hence driving up the cost.
If you look at it from a preservation and community aspect. You will give someone else the opportunity to build their car. But if you crush them. You throw a few hundred dollars away out of your pocket and another of these awesome pieces of American muscle off the street forever.

Remember, not everything is trash. Someone gave you a chance at some point in your life.
I'm in the process of crushing a little over 400 old cars. Hung onto them for too long. Seems you are the only person who wants to pay for a car in that condition. I have 400 cars all older than 1980. Come buy them all. I'll take $400.00 each. Package deal. $160,000 buys the lot. Most still have engines and transmissions. Come save somebody's dream car. You have to pick them up by September first. They range from 1932 - 1980. They will all be gone by the end of August if you save them or not. I have been doing this long enough to know if the juice is worth the squeeze.👍

Reactions: rp930

·
16,686 Posts
In April 2012 I started with this. No suspension, Fenders inside the car. Paid $9K

Why? NO RUST. The fire wall was smoothed and mini tubs installed. Good California Title

If I had to deal with rust it would have cost me a ton more and probably another year to build the car. No Thanks

Vehicle Car Wheel Motor vehicle Hood

18 Months Later Finished the Protour Build LS7 T56 Aftermarket Suspension Top of the Line Everything

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm in the process of crushing a little over 400 old cars. Hung onto them for too long. Seems you are the only person who wants to pay for a car in that condition. I have 400 cars all older than 1980. Come buy them all. I'll take $400.00 each. Package deal. $160,000 buys the lot. Most still have engines and transmissions. Come save somebody's dream car. You have to pick them up by September first. They range from 1932 - 1980. They will all be gone by the end of August if you save them or not. I have been doing this long enough to know if the juice is worth the squeeze.👍
What part of the states are you in? I love me a recycling yard quest!

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I get not wanting 400 old cars but if a guy wanted one why not let him have it? For scrap price? I wouldn’t want spend lot time dealing with the sale of one but all for letting someone restore one if they want

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
VA. Package deal. All or nothing.
I bet if you just posted a liquidation on creigslist and other sights every car would be gone in a week or two. Some where someone needs or wants them. And you'd have cash 🤑🤑 in your pocket.
You can print out a stack of Bill of Sale papers of the internet. Or just go to office depot and get a booklet of receipts.
Hell, you might even spawn the next generation of muscle car enthusiasts.

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
I get not wanting 400 old cars but if a guy wanted one why not let him have it? For scrap price? I wouldn’t want spend lot time dealing with the sale of one but all for letting someone restore one if they want
To answer your question, these cars have been available for several years. So long some have trees growing around them. Nobody wants to pay anything for old parts. You agree on a price and then the customer comes and offers less and says they can buy a new one for less. These cars are the same way. I'm done dealing with the public and dreamers that have no clue what they want or what they can fix. Been dealing with tire kickers for many many years. For that reason the shop doors have been closed and cars are going. I'm getting just over $400.00 per car for scrap. It sucks that having a passion for old cars has been tainted by the government, DEQ, DMV, and people who just moved into the area not wanting to see my family's generational business. I have hand picked a few that I will tinker with in the next few years. Unfortunately that are not Chevrolet, but challengers and Cudas. I hope to have 50 less cars by the end of the week. 🤞

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
I bet if you just posted a liquidation on creigslist and other sights every car would be gone in a week or two. Some where someone needs or wants them. And you'd have cash 🤑🤑 in your pocket.
This business has been open for almost 70 years. Been there done that. The property is being sold . They had there chance . I'm moving on.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts