Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a little shoebox Nova for a while.My son told me about one about 3 miles from my house.It was kind of stashed in the guy's yard,not easily visible from the street-I'm not sure how my son ever spotted it! It took me about 3 drive-bys to finally see it.
I had a little free time last Saturday so I stopped in.I knocked on the door and a woman answered,I asked if the little Nova was for sale and she said "God,I hope so!!". She called her son out and,much to my surprise he said that,yes he would sell!!He had bought it to build a drag car,started collecting parts but then all his buddies were buying ATV's and going dirt riding and he had to have one so the Nova fell by the wayside.
We started to talk price and I agreed to pay him what he paid for it about 3 years ago-a good price!He also has a SW Racecars rear clip for it that I might buy from him when I pick up the car.
Anyway-it's a 65 coupe-the hardtop,no posts.It has some heavy surface rust from being uncovered but not much actual rot-the floors,rockers,firewall etc.look good.I'm stoked!!!I've always wanted a Duece!!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Let me be the first to congradulate you

May it bring you much joy and happiness :cool:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Peter I just bought one too, it's a 65 SS Hardtop 6 cylinder Automatic with black bucket seat interior with a console. For years the woman refused to sell it and a lot of guys tried to buy it, then out of the blue I get a call and she wants to sell it go figure. Now do I restore it or put a V-8 in it and have some real fun .

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I know about one too. Blue/blue 67 with factory 327 AT. Sitting in the woods and it is all there down to the hubcaps. The lady thinks she is sitting on a gold mine but is just rotting away. :(

Still sitting there. :rolleyes:

-Mark.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Mine first car was a 62 with a six banger, powerglide. Over that summer my dad and I put a 350 in it with a turbo 350. I was a lot of work changing the front spindles, finding motor mounts and a rear end. But when I had my first ride in it with the 350 it was all worth it. :D

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
Sounds great! I love shoebox Novas... Just a word of caution, 65 Nova are a little different, meaning that most of the sheet metal is the same for the 62 -65, but the parts and pieces are 65 only, might be tough to find NOS,,,but again good luck and have fun with it...Zuma :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congratulations

It can be funny the farther from home we search for things the closer to home they end up being. Sounds like a wonderful project. Enjoy!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I found one too. 1964 hard top with six bager and 'glide. This thing is cherry! All original and been stored inside for 25 years. The guy wants $7500 for it. Do that seem high priced? Don't really know what older dueces are worth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts