Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning 38 years of caked-on grease off of the back of the backing plate / front spring area. There were a few leaves, twigs, etc. and, whe I saw this, I thought it was a leaf at first. I tugged on it a bit and it came off. When I looked at it closer, I thought it was a band aid. Then, a few minutes later, I found another little piece, which looked like some sort of tag. I ste them off to the side and continued the scraping.

when I brought them inside I washed them off and this is what I found... It reads:

EK

Anybody know anything about it? This is a 69 SS 350, unrestored and unmolested ... Los Angeles car

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
[

quote=dreamweaver;741108]
EK

Anybody know anything about it? This is a 69 SS 350, unrestored and unmolested ... Los Angeles car

[/quote]

Unmolested until you and "cousin daryll" got your hands on it :noway:

·
Premium Member
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[Unmolested until you and "cousin daryll" got your hands on it :noway:
cuz is banned forever from even seeing the SS, let alone touch it. from Changed the code on the garage today. The new code is 74377, and he will never figure it out. I did this all by myself :). See... you guys have been eggin me on to get going, so I did, and look what happened.

Farmboy (Steve) came over today again, mostly to look at the 67 to check it out. We hung out at the SS for a long time, and he showed me what we need to do in order to get the car back together and running. First thing was to get it cleaned up, and take of a little surface rust on the fender estensions. I got going as soon as he left. As I was hacking away at the old grease and came upon this tag... not knowing it was a tag. Oh well... at least I saved it. Cuz would have tossed it. Maybe I'll get lucky and the one on the driver's side is still there, but I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
I found the same exact tag on my 69 Van Nuys car also. I also found my buildsheet on top of the tank.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
EK is the broadcast code. Those labels were attached to parts and EK would have been on the build sheet alerting the line worker which part to pull and install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts