Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am torn between the all time great four link and the high speed capabilities of the truck arm set up. For those unfamiliar the truck arm set up offered by HTH is the same used in NASCAR. My main questions are; how is handleing in a four-link car? How is traction at the drag strip with the truck arm??Any one out there with either of these set ups on their cars?? My project is a 67 camaro. Sub frame connectors going in this week. Roll cage next. Any insight will help....

·
Registered
741 Posts
I think you should wait on the subframe conn and cage, untill you decide what rear suspension. Either way you go they need to tie together. Talk to Hot Rods to Hell first, they will tell you if your cage work and subfrm/conn will be in the way. Also exhaust is normally different with 4 links, ladderbars, and for sure truckarms.
I looked at the truck arms a while back, seems like a very strong suspension, but also expensive. The 4 links seem complicated to adjust, and since I was only interested in drag racing, I went with ladderbars.
When I was searcing suspension options recently, I came across a very good book by Dave Morgan (Door Slammers The Chassis Book)
http://speedtalk.com/doorslammers_drag_chassis.html
It's about drag race set ups, and is helping me understand all the terms IC, PL, PR, pitch & roll rotation, shocks springs, alignment, on & on.
Also a basic story in PHR mag, covers all the rear suspensions.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0604_rear_suspension_guide/index.html
---Bill.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think you can't go wrong with 5 leaf and traction bars for drag racing and if you want to run better in corners, add a watt linkage which removes the twisting/lateral stress on the springs when cornering hard and would help the springs/shocks react more consistently as side load is added. It looks like one can be fabbed easily for cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts