Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
They are just sub frame body mount bolts, and for $7.99? They are used when replacing the rubber body mounts. Classic Ind. you can buy all new body bolts (6 of them) for under $20, plus $100 for shipping.... well not that much for shipping, but pretty close.....:sad:

·
Retired
26,740 Posts
LOL... The guy is selling two bolts to be used as alignment pins... On each side of the body and subframe there is a .610" alignment hole (I think that is the correct dia) that is used to align the subframe and body before tightening the body mount bolts.

I don't know why they are grade 8, maybe so you don't bend them, basically you use them like a drift pin... OOPS! I guess his secret is out of the bag, now you don't need his instructions either... By the way, I believe the factory tire iron is the right size and could be used to line up the alignment holes if the car is high enough off the ground...

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
There's alot of misinformation on his description.

First, when you use those pins to align the subframe outside of the GM assembly plant, you have to align the subframe via taking measurements...the pins alone will only get it close. The factory had both the body and the subframe on jigs which made it very easy to align with the pins alone.

Second, even if the subframe is out of square by 3/8" or so, the sheetmetal will still bolt up just fine. There is so much adjustment at the body mounts (for the core support), that you'll never have a problem unless if the body is seriously tweaked.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Holy Bat-doodoo, Robin! $8 for two 5/8" bolts? It looks to me like he bought those at Lowes for a buck-fiddy, renamed em "alignment pins", and is charging people $8 for em lol. That cat oughtta be a politician.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts