Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one get a bad rail ( after market)? i put my car an the suspintion and it leans 1" :( I leveled the car everthing is level except the very rear of the rails at the bumper mounts. trunk is level floors are good this is driving me nuts:confused:

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Did you measure diagonally between both frame rails? For instance from the rear leaf spring mounting point to one of the holes on the front of the other frame rail? I double check my diagonal measurements and have never had that type of problem. Did you replace any other sheetmetal? Is your suspension new, old, or possibly swapped leaf springs?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its square. ever thing has been replaced. the suspension is old but i tryed switching sides with the springs it did nothing

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Where did you measure from? Are the shackles the same length on each side (some look the same but bolt holes are spaced differently). Is the car on shop wheels that may have different size tires?

If measurements are square and level, then you should have no problem. I think there must be an overlooked detail somewhere. Do you have any pictures of your work that you could share with us to further investigate the problem?

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Which side is off? Is/was this a race car? Is this a convertable? Big block car?

I have had to straighten out small block cars that were crooked from racing prior to replacing sheetmetal and frame rails. If your body had been beat during its previous life, it may have had a bit of twist, and may have not provided a good reference when replacing the rail. I just repaired a car in which the right side was twisted so bad that there was no door gap. This is only a speculation in your case.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
[URL="http://[/URL] [URL="http://[/URL]the one with the level in the middle is level the one with the level on the bumper mounts is way off the rails under the rear seats are level also

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
If your body had been beat during its previous life, it may have had a bit of twist, and may have not provided a good reference when replacing the rail.
From what I've found, just about every body out there has some twist, no matter what the history was. Some are worse than others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts