Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the rebuilt 350 in my 69 coupe. Each time I run the engine (have not taken it on the road yet, just moving it in and out of the garage) I find a very small puddle (2"-3") of antifreeze under the car. It is dripping off the bellhousing. I suspect a freeze plug is leaking on the back of the engine. I really don't want to pull the engine to investigate and replace the plug. Any suggestions? Has anyone had any luck with the radiator leak stop products that you put in the antifreeze?

Tom

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Do not use any type of leak stop products or it will block other areas of your motor and cause a major issue down the raod. Was this block rebuild by you or a machine shop?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I have used this in several stock vehicles without any problems.
it is in my 85 blazer that I put in 3 years ago. it works!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
If you find the freeze plug that is leaking, there use to be a rubber expansion plug I remember using once in the 70's. IIRC I got it from NAPA.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I have used this in several stock vehicles without any problems.
it is in my 85 blazer that I put in 3 years ago. it works!!!!!
Moroso 35500 Ceramic Engine Seal - 1 Pint
Moroso ceramic engine seal coats and seals radiators and cooling systems. Seals minor cracks in engine head and block.

• The best Chemical Sealer you can buy to stop cooling system leaks
  • Works equally well in aluminum or cast iron blocks
  • Cooling system must be thoroughly clean before use
  • Does not work with antifreeze
  • If this doesn't stop the leaks, find yourself a welder!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Are you positive it is a freeze plug? If not, inspect the head bolts and intake bolts. On my 2nd Gen I had a head bolt that was leaking and it drained back down behind the motor.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Crush and drop in one of these in your rad. GM adds 2 per new Cadillac on the line. I use them and never have had a problem. Once it's sealed you can drain and refill with clean antifreeze. Remember to drain the block. I had a small drip from a freeze plug yrs ago and it sealed it and when it was time to flush the cooling system yrs later, it did not leak and I did not have to add a seal tab.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts