Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

Congratulation for your great web site.
I am french, sorry, and live near Paris. My english is not terrific, so please forgive me.
I 'm having for 10 years now an '67 RS originaly 327 275 HP powerglide, switch for a combo 350/350 on its first restoration 5 years ago. In 2005, I restarted another rebuilt, and hope the car will be finish summer 2008, with a new 383 ci and paint.
I also have an 1987 Iroc, with an original 5.7 TPI as a daily driver. It wiil be repaint with the orginal bright red next month.

Patrice:bow:

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Patrice...

Nothing to be sorry about ! We don't care where you are from, we are just glad that there are Camaro lovers everywhere in this world :) Best of luck on the restore and repaint of the 67 ! Atleast you have another Camaro to drive for the next 2 years :)

Kev

·
Welcome Back - Senior Tech
890 Posts
uhhh the French... Just kidding! Nice 87 ya got there. good luck on the new resto. There are many new reproduction parts now than there were when you last restored the car. If you have any questions just hit us up. The people on this site can solve pretty much any f-body related problem!

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Patrice ,
Welcome to the site. I have a few people in France right now helping me research one of my race cars. They have been very kind and gracious and have completely accommodated me and my lack of the French language.....so no worries , you are welcome here and best wishes with your 67 . Should you have any questions or need any help please use the various forums and everyone would be happy to help.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Patrice, no need to apologize for being French :D We are just glad to have you aboard! :waving:

P.S. Nice Pics!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for your messages and your cars are incredible.:)

Your experience will be very helpfull for me.
I try to do most of the work on the camaro by myslef, and it's sometimes very very long.
But that's on the good way

Patrice

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Welcome Patrice. This is a great site with lots of knowledge. :)

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Patrice ,

Is that an export tag to the left of the trim tag ? Could you post pictures of those? We don't see many First Gen Camaro's that have been exported and it would be interesting to see what info is on those tags.

Cheers , Van

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Patrice ,don't be sorry your from France ,as I bet a lot of french people don't agree with the government ,lots of people over here don't agree with the our government,with the amount of money spent on this so called war every person in america could of had full medical coverage for life...but ,I feel so bad for the military personnel( killed,disabled )in a horrable civil war caught in the middle,sorry ..but welcome to T/C and lots of knowledgeable people here for any questions you may have ...and always Happy Motoring P.S I am at work (lunch time now ) doing engineering conformance checks on major jigs that assemble sections of the 747.I will have a beer for you when I get home :beers: arivyourdareche (spelling):yes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you !
I was jocking about my country and you can be sure that american people are always welcome here. Just excuse my special translation.
I know our governments are not always on accordance, but here, we are all crazy of camaros and I do accept the beer :beers:
I will take a picture of the export trim tag soon. The US one on the driver side is the same as yours, I guess.

A bientôt (see you later)
Patrice

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Thank you Patrice ,and sorry I got off on a little tangent ,I believe Camaro in French translates to comrade or friend …as we love our camaro's here at T/C again take care and always Happy Motoring

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello

As I promised, the picture of the Trim tag :

Sorry, it's a little big pic.
I was scared not finding it. My garage is as big as a shoes box, and there are parts everywhere.

As you can see, they just wrote back the serial number of the car, which was built in Norwood.
F/327 was the model code of this 327 camaro. I don't know if 350 ci cars were coded F/350. Do you also use this code ?

Thank you, everybody
Patrice

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello Jérôme,

I almost sure the tag was put by the French dealer, or maybe by the Homologation center, still in France. But not by the Norwood factory.

Patrice

·
Premium Member
11,164 Posts
Pat, My take is that all GM cars that were exported , had the factory tag but accepting dealers would attach their tag. Was your tag attached to cowl area ? Any evidence of a USA tag anywhere?

·
Registered
27 Posts
You bring up a good point, Patrice. Where exactly was that export tag installed; at the homologation center in France or someplace in the US just prior to shipment to Europe? Because there were other modifications that had to be made to the car before the French transportation authorities would accept them. The master cylinder had to have a tanslucent reservoir for one, so you can actually see the fluid level. A small plastic capsule was therefore retrofitted to the top of the master cylinder lid. The authorities did not like the standard sideview mirrors and required a different model be installed. Idem for seatbelts. The French cars have a webbed seatbelt with an aluminum clasp that looks like aircraft material. They are non-retractable. As you would expect, the cars are equipped with a metric speedometer that goes to 200kph. RS cars were of particular concern to the auhtorities, because they felt the electrically operated headlight doors could malfunction and prevent the headlights from being visible. So they made two requirements: a switch on the dash that cut out the headlight retractor circuit so they would remain in the open position even when you turn off the headlights. The second safety backup was the installation of CIBIE roadlights behind the grill, just inboard of the headlights. When you hit the highbeams, the roadlights come on.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts