Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of the new gauge cluster I'm instaling on my friend's 67. Everything that can be bench tested was verified already. Just a bit worried about the fuel sender's condition, 'cause the fuel gauge never worked for my friend and it may decide to play a trick on me, but we'll see. The smallest LEDs I found, for turn signals & hi beam indicators, are a bit less than a 1/4", couldn't find smaller ones locally tho.
Nice piece, and it fits perfectly on the dash's opening.

back view
front view

·
Registered
496 Posts
Looks great..We need a pciture when it's installed in the car.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My suspicions were right, the fuel sender had to come out. Got here yesterday, from the US, and it worked OK. Now, the darn autometer speedometer doesn't move a bit. Removed the dash assy. and the speedometer cable(center) doesn't move at all, with the car running on stands. Didn't had time to check today, but the tranny is a 4 sp Muncie. Is there something that might be missing inside that area? Like a pinion or something? I'll check this weekend, but if there're some hints, it'll be appreciated. I got to get rid of this car, it's taking me too much time, better spent cleaning mine. :D J/K, I want my friend's car performing as it was my car.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Pull the "bullet" (the thing the speedo cable screws onto the trans)from the side of the Muncie (one small bolt and a flat bracket holding it in place, then just pull on the case). When the bullet comes out there should be a plastic pinion gear that comes out with it. When the trans spins, that plastc gear spins and turns the speedo cable. The gear may be missing or broken/worn out, so its not turning when the trans turns.

I bought a rebuilt muncie and hooked up my speedo etc only to find out the shop never put a speedo gear in the trans. Its kind of a pian to get to the area once the trans is in the car, but its not that bad.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'll check that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts