Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I've just joined this forum so... Introducing myself and my 4-wheeled babe, in a nutshell::)
Me: Stefano, from Italy, Model Year 1974.:D
The Rat: 1968 SS 396/325 Coupè, owned from about one year already.:cool:

I ask mercy in advance for my poor English, ciao a tutti.:)

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Stefano - Welcome to Team Camaro. So far your English is great. Post some pictures of your 68. We would all like to see her. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost forgetting... I already put some picture on my profile album, of course everyone is free to have a look.:)

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Nice car, it must be fun ripping thru Italy in that!:beers:

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, nice rat it is.:D

Writing something more, I bought her (I guess neutral pronoun is improper...) in Germany on 2013, Sept., and she crossed the Atlantic one year earlier, from Florida. Already restored/slightly customized, as you can see it on pictures. The only modifies I gave her have been a powersteering kit, front bumper (Freshly mounted some day ago, still no pics)... And new mats.:)
She does need some painting on trunk interior, the only area where restoring hasn't been such accurate.

She should be engine matching, I'll verify that when, on next winter, I'll have to restore the engine, it lacks of compression, so when it will be off the car I can do it easily.

A list of what's inside her, or at least what the seller told me she has - what's inside the engine hasn't been verified-::)
-New stainless valves;
-New roller tip rockers;
-New push rods;
-HEI distribution;
-Holley fuel pump;
-Edelbrock 750 carburetor;
-Mini Torque starter,
-Danny transmission shaft;
-12 bolt posi LSD.
-Edelbrock intake manifold;
-Zoom clutch;
-One wire alternator
-540" lifters with flat

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice car, it must be fun ripping thru Italy in that!:beers:
Yes, an US car is already something quite rare, and I've still to see a 1st.gen Camaro here around, kinda white fly it seems.:beers:

·
14,259 Posts
Welcome and Nice Ride!!!

Rome is my most favorite city in the world.:beers:

·
Super Moderator
32,600 Posts
Welcome, Stefano.
Correct year and glad you refer the Camaro as a woman.
Always on our mind, into our pockets, and always needing attention.
Enjoy the journey with both Camaro's

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all, I'm glad you like her.:thumbsup:
About the "correct year", well, here there aren't so many camaros around, even less on sale, even less mounting a Rat Engine and manual transmission (They were my priorities). Nevertheless, I admit that in my personal tastes the '68 looks the one with the more balanced look: frontside layout, sideview sheets design cleanliness, taillights.. But i think that all the 1st gen. is iconically amazing.:)

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
... In what part of Italy do you live? ...
Hi, thanks about compliments, is your '67 growing nicely?:)

I'm from a small city in Treviso county/province, in the northeastern part of this small peninsula.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just announcing I've added some more, freshly taken picture. With front bumper on.:) Sorry if she doesn't look just washed&polished, on last night I've had a ride to sea, and the coming back has spent under an annoying rain, so she's not extraclean. By the way, while passing on a couple of traffic circles, she made me understand she DOESN'T like rain. Luckily enough wide carriage and Mr. Posi turned a first panic moment in a large smile...:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts