Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, started looking at the Morris 3-point systems for my 68. I've been informed I'll need to remotely mount the recoil mechanism behind the front seats due to the TMI upholstery and foam set I'll be using. I'd really like to avoid the extension contraption. What have others done for a 3 point belt system with this TMI seat and door panel set? Does this seat and door panel combo really require the extension? Suggestions? Thank you -

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you are using the stock seat frames with aftermarket bolsters our seat belts reels will clear the seat.
You will need 3 inches of clearance between the seat and the door panel so the seat can slide past the bracket and so the reel won't hit the door panel.
We have a bracket that moves the reel back so the reel doesn't interfere with the reclining mechanism on aftermarket seats.

Thx any questions call us.

Billy

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are using the stock seat frames with aftermarket bolsters our seat belts reels will clear the seat.
You will need 3 inches of clearance between the seat and the door panel so the seat can slide past the bracket and so the reel won't hit the door panel.
We have a bracket that moves the reel back so the reel doesn't interfere with the reclining mechanism on aftermarket seats.

Billy
Thank you for the additional info -

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,650 Posts
Morris 3 point seat belts are awesome!

·
14,279 Posts
If you are using the sport bolster and the TMI panels I don't believe you will have 3" clearance.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Painting or powder coating the extension black will help it blend in imho....

Don

·
Registered
3,888 Posts

Billy
Can you post a picture?

Will it provide more clearance with aftermarket bolsters on stock frames?

I have Morris 3 point belts and they are a tight fit. They rub now. I have TMI sport seat foams and covers going in this spring (on stock frames).

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are using the sport bolster and the TMI panels I don't believe you will have 3" clearance.
John, Yes I will be using the Deluxe Sport foam and the molded Deluxe Sport R door panels.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Painting or powder coating the extension black will help it blend in imho....

Don
Good idea Don, also wonder if there's a way to run it under the carpet.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Reactions: really_n0b0dy

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think putting our bracket under the carpet would be possible and a good option to hide the bracket.

Chris, Thank You for the Compliment about our seat belts!

Billy

·
14,279 Posts
John, Yes I will be using the Deluxe Sport foam and the molded Deluxe Sport R door panels.
A friend of mine here has the sport r form and the sport r door panels

I will ask him to measure how much clearance he has between the seat and the door panel

·
14,279 Posts
A friend of mine here has the sport r form and the sport r door panels

I will ask him to measure how much clearance he has between the seat and the door panel
He has the same seats and panels with Morris Belts. Said it's tight and the seat belt leaves an indentation in the door panel

·
Registered
398 Posts
if the padding under the carpet has been increased or decreased this will position
the reel closer to the door or seat.
More insulation under the carpet will position the seat belt reel closer to the seat.
Adjust insulation or padding to position reel assembly inward or outward
Our seat belts are designed to fit stock interiors.
Billy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts