Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Camaro SS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - got a bit of an oddball question. I’m doing a bunch of stuff on the front suspension on my 67 so I figured I should replace the front flex hoses while I’m in there for good hygiene. Thing is, the hoses on there have a (banjo?) fitting on the caliper side similar to my second gen where all the replacement hoses I’m seeing have two female ends.
My car - sorry for not great pics:
Automotive tire Wood Gas Tints and shades Automotive exterior

Basically all the pics of replacement parts look like this:

Cable Auto part Pipe Fashion accessory Automotive lighting

Anyone familiar with what I got on my car at the moment? I wonder if it’s a common retrofit or something that’ll look familiar to people smarter than me.

·
Registered
67 Camaro SS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies - I really appreciate it. I stuck my head under there again when I got home from work and the hoses measure 14 inches from fitting to fitting. No evidence of the bump stops hitting the banjo fitting (yet) but that may be in store when the car gets lowered. I was able to snap another pic of the caliper from the back and you can see the casting number 510 or 516 on the caliper:

Window Wood Tints and shades Flooring Metal

I pulled up front hoses for both a 69 camaro and 74 nova on rockautio and it looks like the camaro part has a 7/16-24 line fitting while the nova's is a 3/8-24 - same approximate length. The fitting looks pretty skinny so I'm inclined to think it's 3/8. I may hold off on replacing the hose in the event I have to replace the caliper too. I'm installing new control arms so I'm not sure if the bump stop will still interfere - I'll need to mock it all up and check.

·
Registered
67 Camaro SS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Roger that - on the dorman site, both line fittings are listed as 3/8-24 though there’s different part numbers between the 69 Camaro and 74 novas. From what I can tell the parts are the same except for the brackets in the middle of the line. I’ll go with the Dorman lines - $21 for both with shipping. Basically the price of a deli sandwich in NYC but without the heartburn. I’ll keep you posted as I get everything together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts