Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know....I did search the threads. The only thing I found is the difference between 68 and 69 mountings for the upper connection.
I thought it would be simple when I called brand x parts store and ordered 1969 camaro front brake hose for Disc brakes, and asked if it gave a length.
The ones I have are 14” (+/-) .200 depends on how close to straight you make it...close enough.
They ordered what looked like drum brake lines.
I even explained the banjo end and the 3/8-24 Inverted flare.
im sure this might call into question my abilities...but it turns out to be much more convoluted than it needs to be.
it was easy back in 1984 when I changed to Disc from drum....but there is a difference in how it goes at the parts counter now.
Maybe I should just get them from a favorite Camaro supplier?
suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
I know....I did search the threads. The only thing I found is the difference between 68 and 69 mountings for the upper connection.
I thought it would be simple when I called brand x parts store and ordered 1969 camaro front brake hose for Disc brakes, and asked if it gave a length.
The ones I have are 14” (+/-) .200 depends on how close to straight you make it...close enough.
im sure this might call into question my abilities...but it turns out to be much more convoluted than it needs to be.
it was easy back in 1984 when I changed to Disc from drum....but there is a difference in how it goes at the parts counter now.
suggestions?
Most of the older guys are no longer there.
Have them made the way you want by a reputable hose maker. Take a hose so they can match the end connections and tell them how long you want them.

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
68 has four piston calipers, 69 has one piston calipers.

·
Super Moderator
32,598 Posts
As Scott suggests, take existing hose(s) to your local pneumatic/hydraulic shop and have them transfer ends onto new hose.
It will be pressure tested. Check RockAuto for the hose.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
68 has four piston calipers, 69 has one piston calipers.
Yep i knew about the four piston option ....
I explained in detail what I needed. I’m sure the computer determines the outcome, without regard to verbal explanation.

So I did what SCblucam said, and stopped by a hydraulic shop and got exactly what I needed ,and developed a good relationship with a really awesome guy that also fixed me up with some double flared hard lines. It’s one of the rare small town shops , where you don’t have to wait behind a counter and hope you get what you need.

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
suggestions?
Yep i knew about the four piston option ....
I explained in detail what I needed. I’m sure the computer determines the outcome, without regard to verbal explanation.

So I did what SCblucam said, and stopped by a hydraulic shop and got exactly what I needed ,and developed a good relationship with a really awesome guy that also fixed me up with some double flared hard lines. It’s one of the rare small town shops , where you don’t have to wait behind a counter and hope you get what you need.
Awesome, I think I have been to Cleburne. Close to Lancaster and Red Oak?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scott, It’s 25 south west of Fort Worth.
Not much here...but in this day and time it might be much better that way!
I think Don is north of me. Wouldn’t that be awesome to have him as your neighbor?
Thanks for your guidance Scott. I just assumed
Hundley hydraulic was only industrial but they can do almost anything !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts