Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys lets see who can figure this one out. I have have slotted and cross drilled rotors, single piston chromes calibers, EBC Green pads in the front. This is the problem, when I drive for about 30 mins, you can't touch the front wheels as they are way to hot to touch. Second thing is the brakes make a loud squealing noise once they get hot. noise goes away as I apply the brakes. It kinda feels like the brake are engaging somewhat. Now I changed the pads and the noise stopped but now I can't stop, I have to push real hard on the pedal to stop the car. The rotors seems to be really shiny. Just to let you know I had just changed the master cylinder and brake booster. After I installed the booster and master I noticed that there was brake fluid leaking from the top of the master cover. I fixed that problem but still have the other problems so before I start changing ever thing Let see what you guys think. Thank for your in put.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Did you move the rod connected to the brake pedal down to the lower hole? Rod lengths correct?

Shiny = glazed over. New pads probably won't "break in" correctly.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Sounds like they are dragging, most likely a rod adjustment under the dash connected to the brake pedal. Make sure there is free play at the top of the pedal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts