Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK gents I have searched the forum fond some good info but it didn’t correct my issue, 68 RS, I installed SSB Front disc and while I was at it I installed the Global west SB lowering springs, these are supposed to 1 ¼ lower “ plus I used the solid body mount bushing that were supposed to drop the body another ½ “ , putting the coils up to the stock springs I can see that they were shorter. I installed them and their rear 1 ¼ leaf kit, now the darn thing sits higher in the front. After reading some great info up here I figured I installed them wrong, So I reinstalled them with the end of the coil in the middle of the peep hole on the UCA, lowered her back to the ground and it sits the same? (motor is in the car) I have about 5” from the tire to the fender? Has anyone used these Global west with success in dropping the front end? I have been checking the shop hoping like heck to see she has settled !! but no luck there. Any suggestions where I went wrong ??

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
I wish I would have installed the cheap roundy-round car front coil spring adjustable cans and whatever short cheap coil springs that I needed and been done w/ this..

pdq67

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did roll it a little but I just dropped the motor and trans back in it, and I only have a couple feet to move it back and forth in the shop, will that be enough ?
and I did get SB springs,
I didn't want to go to drop spindles so maybe when I get rich i can look at the coil over set up if I can't get that front end about 3" lower

1 - 5 of 5 Posts