Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:beers:I am looking for a good and reasonably priced kit for my 67. I see a bunch on E Bay witha variety of parts pieces and prices. I want a dropped spindle with a booster that will fit a tall cover BB.
Has anybody used a particular kit that they would recommend?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Re: Front Disc Brake kit for 1rst gen camaro

Check out Matt's Classic Bowties (he is a sponsor here)
http://mattsclassicbowties.com/
He gave me a "Smok'n Deal" on a complete front drum to disc conversion with a complete line kit that fit like butter!

·
Registered
8,349 Posts

X2 on Matt's. Lifetime warranty and free pads for life along with configurable options. I would avoid drop spindles based on most of the feedback on them however. Drop springs seem to work better.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts

Ground up has a nice one for 575.00 with a delco stapmed booster and upgraded cross drilled and slotted rotors for free going on now...ive used 3-4 for customers so far, no issues..

·
Registered
4,274 Posts

:beers:I am looking for a good and reasonably priced kit for my 67. I see a bunch on E Bay witha variety of parts pieces and prices. I want a dropped spindle with a booster that will fit a tall cover BB.
Has anybody used a particular kit that they would recommend?
Thanks!
I just installed a kit from this manufacturer................

http://www.ssbrakes.com/

I also would recommend the 2" shorter(dropped) springs(I used Hotchkis springs) instead of the 2" dropped spindles.

David F.
www.firstgens.com

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

I like my MBM kit from www.piratejack.net. I went with manual though.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts

Ground up has a nice one for 575.00 with a delco stapmed booster and upgraded cross drilled and slotted rotors for free going on now...ive used 3-4 for customers so far, no issues..

Bill,
Ground up and Matt's Classic Bowtie's both use the same kits from Right Stuff. They are an easy kit to install and I got the drilled and slotted rotors also, plus I got all three braided lines for free with the hard line kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts