Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone. I purchased a front disc conversion kit from Ricks a few months ago and I've hit a snag with mounting the calipers. I just can't get them to seat right. I noticed that my caliper brackets are not the same distance away from the rotor at the bottom. Has anyone else run across this or have an idea of what I may have done? Both sides are this way. This is the first conversion I've done but I'm sure my calipers aren't dropping in like these at 13:02

Pictures: https://goo.gl/photos/9g3eGkDcGt2LiHZj6

·
Registered
290 Posts
I recall a thread from Hotrodders.com site a while ago about this problem. I cant remember who they were from but the problems was mis-machining of the bosses. I did a conversion on my 68 a few months ago and did not have any issues fWIW. I would contact Ricks and ask for a return shipping label and send them back.

Vince

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Vince and Camarodriver.....I believe I know what happened. I dug up the packing list and it looks like they sent me caliper brackets for a drop spindle - 3966155B instead of 3966155. I've called Ecklers and have an RMA in motion.

I'll also do some research on how to attach images instead of posting a link to my google album.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Glad it was a simple problem on their end. But I know it is irritating starting to work on your car and then you come across a problem with a part not fitting. You ordered the kit from then They ought to know what spindles are in the kit you purchased.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doug, you hit the nail on the head. Finally get some progress and then I can't install the calipers. Then I beat my head against the wall trying to figure out what I did wrong. Lesson learned....triple check the packing list vs install instructions!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts