Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys thanks for the info on 2' drop spindles i should have searched the forum, anyhow thanks. i am going back to standard spindles and looked in classic industries cataloge looking at their k6151 spindles but what do i need to hold my disk calipers, my drops have the caliper holding points made into it found backing plates and all that stuff could anyone help out. classic has free ground del which will help getting over to aussieland. thanks dave

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Re: front disk spindles

they only list E221. but it's listed for four wheel disc??? Firewheel Classic had one listed in their catalog. but it doesn't come up on their website... but it LOOKS the same.?.?

here's Classic Muscle's listing: http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~partsort
man, i love their exploded views!

Classic does have most of the other bolts, lines, and brackets, though...

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

thanks cb, love how the itemise and show evey part, but its a bit hard to work out the parts as the numbered itemised parts dont match the part numbered ones (maybe im a bit slow) but it looks like i will be up for $149.95 for spindles (3966151I) and $203 for the caliper bracket (2488gm) is that what you would work out what i need and do they ship overseas. thanks dave

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

cb, went to the 69 parts page and it looks like i have the 69 caliper by the look of the pads and caliper bracket design. i also worked out hte numbers to parts didnt look hard enough. it shouldnt mater if i have the wrong year brakes its not a show car just a run about. dave

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts

I bought a "spindle kit", I'll have to dig around for where it came from...want to say Ground UP...it included both spindles, both caliper brackets, and both dust shields, and it was cheaper than you're talking.
The caliper brackets just came out of the garage oven last weekend, and are now a nice, shiny, powder-coated red. I'll be doing the dust shields this afternoon :) :) :)

just checked...I think they came from HBC, was $169, but they're backordered :(

·
Premium Member
926 Posts

Ah! '69! Yah, different... Classic does have the '69s. You saw that, right? I was wondering if you had the 4 pistons or not...

Good luck to you on the brake work!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
I was looking at mine last night, checking my powdercoating work on my caliper brackets and dust shields. They have a stamp in them that says "Right Stuff"...

·
Vendor
974 Posts
We do have the right stuff kits avail to ship overseas with Post office.

Let me know if we can be of any help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts