Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the car to a shop as it is much easier to put the brake lines on with the car on a hoist....the mechanic tells me the ebrake cable i supplied was too long, so I ordered another from Inline Tube - it took about a month to get it :mad: and it figures, the one that arrived is exactly the same as what i have. Its labelled correctly as a 67-69 FT349 front cable but I would have to agree that it is unecessarily long....it will hang almost to the ground unless i bend and tie it somehow without kinking, around the subframe......does anyone know the length these are supposed to be?

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Are you sure you have the hanger on the passenger side in the right hole? If it's in the wrong place the cable will be too slack. Also make sure your cable coming from inside the car has the spring on it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure you have the hanger on the passenger side in the right hole? If it's in the wrong place the cable will be too slack. Also make sure your cable coming from inside the car has the spring on it.

Not sure what you mean, i'll have to look for some pics

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
problem resolved...turned out they had it threaded through the wrong hole in the firewall going in to the pedal....didnt need a new cable after all but installed the new one anyway...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont have a pic since i dont have the car back yet, but i can tell you they had it through the hole in the floor originally but now it is routed through the hole in the firewall and fits perfectly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts