Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am sure this has been covered before but here i go. I just finished my 4 wheel disc brake upgrade and full front end rebuild. I lowered my car of the jack stands and the front driver tire is relatively strait but the passenger front tire is turning to the right! I just want to get every thing close so I can get an alignment done. Any quick tips. I can't wait to start driving her again.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
32,272 Posts
Be sure you have the spindle arm(s) bolted on correctly.
Measure the length of the tie rods and adjust accordingly, match rt side to left side.
Pitman arm and idler arm should be parallel to frame with steering wheel centered, flat spot on shaft by rag joint should be at 12 o:clock.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
I've got a four foot level but any 3-4 foot straight edge will do. What I did was put the car back up on jackstands and took the front wheels off. I laid on my back under the wheel, held the level against the brake disc so it pointed down the rocker panel and I could look down it like a rifle, and twisted the tie rod sleeve until the level looked like it was straight with the rocker. It drove perfect to the alignment shop. Heck, I actually drove it around a little bit like that to get some bugs worked out with the old tires and shims on it. The I put the new tires/rims on and took it in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts